If you are still struggling with setting up a good habit or maybe eliminating a bad one, tracking the habits might be one of the solutions
and, one way to do it is by bullet journal habit tracker
To implement habit, you need consistency
To get consistency, you need to repeat every single day whether you like it or not.
Similar to brushing your teeth every morning. You want the habit to become so regular that you can do it with such ease.
But to start a new habit, might not be as easy.
Especially if it’s something difficult to do.
Like reading daily. Or exercise.
So in this case, visual cues do help.
Visual cues are the one that helps/ encourage you to continue doing the habit.
That’s why tracking the habit by habit tracker does help in being consistent with the habit you are trying to implement.
What is a bullet journal habit tracker?
This is simply tracking your habits in the bullet journal
Since a bullet journal is something you plan on or write on every single day, tracking in the bullet journal might be easy.
How to set up the habit tracker in a bullet journal
Ryder Caroll the creator of bullet journal has included a simple tracker on the same page of his monthly log.
This simple but practical idea can give an overview of how consistent the habit is on monthly basis.
Photo by @bullet_blond via Instagram
If you are about to start tracking your habit, I think this is the best way
Why you should combine the monthly log and Bullet journal habit tracker?
- Because you don’t have to create new pages-So less work, more efficient
- as you are just beginning with the habit, you might get intimidated by the blank pages so combining it is the way to go
- The last one which I think is the most important of all is you able to see whether you stick to the habit on the monthly basis.
Habit tracking tip
- Don’t track too many habits. Keep it below 3 if possible. Especially if it’s a new habit you are trying to implement. The idea is to make the habit stick for the long run. Not to create aesthetic-looking habit tracking ( although it’ll look nice)
- Pick the most important habit that needs tracking. You don’t have to track all the small details of activities that you already did on a daily basis. If you are already able to do it every single day, you don’t have to track it
- Be specific
- Keep 2 days rule in mind. You only allow yourself to get excuses from the habit for 2 days.
- Reflect upon the ability to be consistent with the habit on monthly basis.
At the end of the day, habit tracking is only a tool to help you visualize your ability to mould yourself into a person you aspired to be
Dont get too invested in making it look pretty
Rather focus on the act of habit itself
But, if you dont like the idea of combining the monthly log with the bullet journal, you can dedicate one page just for habit tracking.
There are various ideas you can incorporate into your bullet journal
But remember, it is not supposed to be a long list of habits you need to track.
Prioritize is key
Pick 3 main habits and design your page with these 3 habits
Do not worry if the habit tracking page looks empty.
Focus on why you want to track the habit in the first place
Habit tracker idea: What can I track in my bullet journal?
- Exercise for 30 minutes every day
- Drink water
- Meal tracker/ Calorie tracker
- Stretching before sleep
- Deep breathing exercise before sleep
- Walk for 5 km minimum per day
- Meditation for 10 minutes after dinner
- 10 Squat after 1 hour of sitting
- Journaling morning/ before sleeping
- 10 minutes planning of the day/10 minutes night reflection
Productivity related habits
- Wake up at 6 AM
- Sleep for 8 hours
- Read 2 pages per day
- No phone after dinner
- Work on hobbies
- No social media
- Make bed after wakeup
- Study for 1 hour
- Do work/assignment
- Take regular break
How do I make a goal tracker in a bullet journal?
Exactly similar to how you create the habit tracker
This time, you are tracking your goal instead
Goals and habits work hand in hand with the focus should be on the habits
James Clear the author of Atomic Habit said it best,
You do not rise to the level of your goals. You fall to the level of your system.
Your goal is your desired ourcome. Your system is the collection of daily habits that will get you thereJames Clear, Atomic Habit
So by repeating the habit, you are creating a direction moving toward your goal
Tracking your goals will be the ultimate or the end point of habit tracking.
But the concept remains the same.
- How To Use Bullet Journal Daily Log To Increase Productivity.
- How to Create Bullet Journal Future Log (2022)
- Quick and Easy Minimal Bullet Journal Setup For 2022
bujo Tracker idea for you to try this 2022
Interestingly, in a bullet journal, you can track anything.
Not necessarily the habit.
Here are some of the tracker or habit tracker ideas you can try.
All in one habit tracker
Photo by @lines.and.lettering via Instagram
Photo by @dez.bujo via Instagram
Photo by @jenninajournal via Instagram
Photo by @emiplanner via Instagram
Bullet journal birthday tracker
Photo by @bohoblush_pd via Instagram
Photo by @teacherwithaplan via Instagram
bullet journal Reading Tracker
Photo by @spreadthebujolove via Instagram
Photo by @jessie_reads_too_much via Instagram
Bullet journal income tracker
Photo by @mrsk_plans via Instagram
Photo by @artsyjoejoe via Instagram
Mood tracker bullet journal
Photo by @sunshine_journal_via Instagram
Photo by @machabujo Instagram
Bullet Journal water tracker
Photo by @hoaslife via Instagram
Photo by @wild_rose_calligraphy via Instagram
Photo by @wildeyesbujo via Instagram
Photo by @plan.and.write via Instagram
Hopefully, now you are pumped to start the new habits that you have been procrastinating for some time.
Let’s start the track the habit today!